Sunday 13 October 2013

Handles, Hinges, Buckles, Fasteners, Pulls

In between making 'cheap & cheerful' items for the Spring Fair, was the need to just play, so that's what I did with this tag which is also this week's challenge at Stampotique - Handles, Hinges, Buckles, Fasteners, Pulls.


My first idea was to use a zipper and I was hoping there may have been an old one in Mum's button tin, but alas it was not to be (sigh), BUT there were a number of old belt buckles which would have come off dresses many years ago.  This one caught my eye as it was a lovely bright sort of 'peacock feathers' colour and as I rummaged through my ribbons I thought the contrast would certainly stand out with this spotty one.

The background colour is a combination of Distress Inks 'peacock feathers', 'fired brick' and 'mustard seed' blended together with a touch more peacock feathers around the edges. 

Next I stamped "Gibi", coloured her with Distress Markers and did some fussy cutting before popping her up on dimensionals.  I attached the ribbon, added the words and finished with a washi tape ribbon.

I'm entering Gibi in this week's challenge at Stampotique.

Thanks for visiting and comments are always appreciated (nice ones especially).

Happy crafting!
 

5 comments:

  1. Clever to use an old belt buckle, Helen! And, it looks just perfect with the white and red checked pants in her outfit! Well put together, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute belt ;-) It look great on your tag!! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique DC. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. BRILLIANT! Thank you for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge. Gez

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heee heeeh eee and a few more giggles. Thank you for sharing your creation with us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.
    Best-
    Sarinda

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!