Saturday 7 November 2015

Admit One

I'm not very consistent when it comes to challenges, although I do enjoy playing along.  October tends to be a rather busy month and so not very much crafting was done.  However, it is now November and with less on my calendar, I should be able to start playing more.

Today I am combining a couple of challenges, 
Wicked Wednesday with the theme "Lots of Stripes", and
Stampotique Designers Challenge where the theme is "Bright Colours"



Introducing "Ellie", one of my new stamps from Stampotique.  This is the first appearance of Ellie and she looks all ready to party!

The striped paper arrived in my letterbox in a 'random act of craftiness' yesterday, just in time to use in this challenge.  I cut it to ATC size and glued it to some co-ordinating card for weight.  Ellie was stamped onto gloss card that was sitting in my stash from when I was playing around with Alcohol Inks a while back.  I thought this suited Ellie quite well although in the right light, the brown splodges are actually a copper colour.


Ellie was again stamped onto white cardstock and her hat and trunk were cut and coloured before glueing back into place.   
The bunting/banner are washi tape that I bought at a craft show last weekend.  The admit one is also washi tape that I had in my stash.  To finish off, Ellie was popped onto dimensionals.

Happy Crafting!

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, love this Helen. The coloring on the elephants body is so effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! Love the theme and the cute elephant. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fabulous. I love the way you colored Ellie and the background too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is brilliant Helen <3
    Thanks for joining us at the Stampotique Designers Challenge :)

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, Helen !
    Thanks for joining us over at Stampotique !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you used the Ellie stamp Helen!
    Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elli looks great on your project
    Thanks for joining us at the stampotique designers challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect challenges to combine, Helen, and you did so with a flair! Good luck in the Stampotique draw!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Elli
    Thank you for joining in with the Stampotique Challenge.
    Carol X

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!